Messages les plus consultés

jeudi 5 juillet 2007

When life happens, the blog lags behind

I have been occupied with kiddy things lately and all the mundane daily chores. I feel like I have lost a bit of myself in all the daily connundrums.

To more positive thinking I have resolved to be happy in the here and now. To be grateful for the things I have and not crave and pine for all the things I do not.

As Oscar Wilde once said "The biggest tragedy is not having what you want, but the bigger tragedy is getting what you want."

We as humans are insatiable and thus will forever beat ourselves over opportunities lost or the idiomic optical illusion of the grass is always greener on the other side.

When we finally get the very thing we have been pining for or realise a dream, we are dissapointed because getting to that dream has made us realise that we no longer want that elusive chimera. We will chase whatever we do not have within our grasp, once within our grasp we will chase it away with a nouveau chimera...

Live in the moment. I resolve to eat well, drink well, sleep well and f*ck well. That should put to rest the other negligible and unimportant details.

Aucun commentaire: